It’s Monday night 8:44pm and i’m cooped up in bed like the little nana that I am and I thought it would be a fab idea to share a few life lessons I have learnt from people that have experienced way more than me.
If you know me personally you would know how much I adore the elderly, they are so gentle and wise and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such cuties.
Here’s a few lessons, that I swear to live by, that either my grandparents or someone special to me has shared with me:
- Look people in the eye
- Keep secrets
- Never give up on anybody, miracles happen everyday
- Always accept an outstretched hand
- Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference
- Choose your lover carefully. From this one decision will come 90% of all your happiness or misery
- Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out
- Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have
- Be romantic
- Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life and death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems
- When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go
- Be modest. Alot was accomplished before you were born
- Don’t burn bridges. You”l be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river
- Never waste an opportunity to tell someone that you love them
- Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you
- Begin each day with some of your favourite music
- Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3am
- Send your loved one flowers. Think of a reason later
- Marry only for love
- Don’t expect life to be fairI’m a bit of a freak when it comes to lists haha, I have lists of goals, wishlists, quotes, yeah you get the idea.. Everything!
I hope these life lessons may help you to live your life smoother and more positively like it has me, it’s helped me to see that life can be great even when you feel like shit.
Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams